The South (Court of Appeal and Court of King’s Bench) Tower of the Edmonton Law Courts is closed on January 4, 2023, due to a power outage. As this is a developing situation, counsel and parties with matters scheduled to proceed the week of January 3, 2023 are advised to continue to monitor the Court of King’s Bench website for further updates.
Emergency applications and Emergency Protection Order Reviews scheduled for January 4, 2023 will be dealt with by a King’s Bench Justice sitting at the North (Provincial Court) Tower, in Courtroom 449.
All other matters scheduled for appearances on January 4, 2023 will be dealt with as follows:
1. The Criminal Bail List will be proceeding in a provincial TBA courtroom at 1:00 p.m.
2. Criminal trials scheduled to commence January 4, 2023 will proceed as follows:
R v Ladino – North Tower Courtroom 261
R v Akbari – North Tower Courtroom 264
R v Sorochan – North Tower Courtroom 448
3. Criminal Pre-trial Conferences will proceed by telephone as scheduled.
Civil and Family Matters:
1. Justice and Applications Judges’ Chambers and Bankruptcy matters, including Civil Chambers, Family Docket Court, Early Intervention Case Conferences, Family Appeal List and Family Law Chambers scheduled for January 4, 2023 are adjourned sine die.
2. Child Support List matters will be adjourned to January 11, 2023.
3. All civil and family trials commencing on January 4, 2023 are adjourned sine die.
4. All civil and family trial continuations must be rescheduled with the trial judge.
5. Case Resolution Counsel meetings will proceed remotely as scheduled.
6. Parrish Bar Admission will proceed remotely from North Tower Courtroom 261 on January 4, 2023 at 1:15 p.m. Webex link to courtroom will be provided.